Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The English invades!

So I guess it's about time I do my introductory post :)

My name is Jeni (short for Jennifer) although most people know me on da intawebs as Venussama, or Venus :) I have had the same nickname since I was around 13 when I discovered mIRC! My nickname comes fro m the FABULOUS Sailor Venus, as Sailormoon is my all time favourite anime (Don't judge!) and Sailor V was always my favourite! I always thought that my personality was a lot like hers and there you go, an internet identity was born!

I only just realised recently that I've been wearing my hair like her everyday for work lol totally not intentional!

I am orginally from England, but I recently moved to the USA and got married and am now happily enjoying my time with my fellow gamer and geek husband :)

I came across the AI gang sometime around 2001 when I was either 18/19 (Please don't do the math.. I am old xD) and I was in some dead end office job bored out of my mind! I decided to install mIRC on my computer (Which was against the rules :3) and began searching for Anime related chat rooms!
I was VERY lucky to find Anime Freak and was immediately welcomed into the friendly atmosphere :) I remember being welcomed by Starshadow and she would tell me about everybody and fill me in on who everyone is etc.
I remember hitting it off from very early on with everyone ^^ and I am very lucky to still be in close contact with alot of you guys :)

I have been fortunate enough to meet some of the genuinely nicest people I have ever met, and even though I have never, and maybe will never, meet any of you guys face to face, I know that we will always be friends! :) I think of you guys very fondly and am always singing your praises and bragging to people about successful you all are in your individual fields! I feel like a very proud big sister /tears up! Love you guys :)

Let's see... more about me I guess xD Well I consider myself a hardcore gamer, maybe a little less than I used to be now due to being married and trying to make a good impression at work (Meaning not coming in exhausted from staying up all night playing games xD).
I used to be a BIG fan of MMOs, mainly Final Fantasy Online. I actually played it for around 7 years in total and had some of the best gear you could ever hope to gear and some that took years to obtain! Only reason I quit was to try out FF14, which ended up being terrible, and I figured it was about time to call it a day with FFXI xD 7 years was long enough!
I also dabbled a little in WoW, though after so much time playing a far superior game (FFXI ;3) I couldn't stomach it for very long and just played for a couple of months.
I even played Ragnarok back in the day with the AI peeps when ya'll were playing :) Sadly due to my time zone it was always difficult to get online at the same time tho! :( I believe I still have Ragnarok screenshots somewhere xD I'll definately have to find them!
I actually believe it was Yuki, Mogs and Zyggy that got me to play FFXI xD

These days I just mainly play PS3 games. Altogether I have around 60 games (Not including those on my hard drive that I purchased) and I am some what addicted to trying to get platinum trophies on them all xD I think I have 7 plats atm.

I try to read manga and watch anime whenever I can! At the moment I am still reading Ah! My Goddess and the re-released Sailormoon (Soooo happy when this happened!) and I have recently started Skip Beat. I haven't decided if I like it yet though... we shall see!
Sadly my collection of anime and manga is still back in England as it costs too much to send stuff over here :( but I will get it one day! I have thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of stuff over there! I must get it!!!

Other than that, I guess I draw a little when I get time. I always wanted to make it a career but alas I can only dream :( I had one chance of getting published that sadly fell through, and I never really got the hang of the whole photoshop colouring stuff so I just do it for fun now xD

I think that's probably all there is to me really ^^ I have already waffled way too much!
I look forward to getting back in touch with some very close and old friends and look forward to reading about what you guys are getting up to :)

<3 you all!

P.S- My PSN is Venussama xD Add me if you haven't already!

2 comments:

misakichan said...

I guess we've never really crossed paths in AI cos I was a batch earlier... and became a lurker later on. But I'm pleased to make your acquaintance!!! ^^~

Venussama said...

Please to meet you too :)
Yeah I was in and out over several years and wasn't really constantly in there xD
I'm kinda infamous for disappearing for like a year then re-surfacing xD