Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Geek

vader-dash

Through the years, as I made my way through this story called life… Who am I kidding? Lol, I’ll just post what comes to mind. I was never really the dramatic when it came to writing stuff.

Hit the break below to read the whole story (almost) of my life as an anime otaku, gamer and geek.

First off, everyone in AI calls me shij for short. My online name, Shijirou, is sort of a derivative of Kenshin’s master, Seijuro. That anime is my all time favorite, hands down. So how’d I first start off? Well, I remember back in the IRC days, I used to be a lurker in the Undernet #Anime channel. I discovered a fellow Filipino, Suicide, who at the time invited me into #anime-freak. This was the beginning of my journey. I later joined the forums, which have just established itself as it separated from the AXN Anime forums. My first job was a moderator of the You’re Under Arrest section and it grew from there. I don’t recall exactly when I became an admin, but it was Neffie and Yuuhi who bestowed that honor on me when some of the other admins had to move on.

I’m also a hardcore gamer, as I proudly declare. In my definition, a hardcore gamer is a gamer who has had his hands on at least on the mainstream consoles, like Nintendo, Sega, Sony and Microsoft. And, has also played more than 4 genre’s of games. Action/adventure, first person shooters, MMOs, RPGs and even Facebook games. I can also attest this hardcore title as I have written and contributed to local gaming magazines, my most notable one was Playground Magazine, when I did a comprehensive review on Little Big Planet.

Right now I have jumped into a new fandom and I’m currently active in it. You might have guessed with the picture above. Lately, there was this show called. “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”. It’s the 4th generation of Ponies that have been aired in the west. Suffice to say, I became a “Brony”. I discovered the phenomenon when a gaming forum that I frequent to, started posting internet memes about these ponies. I got curious enough that I explored what the fans have done on youtube. It got to the point when I actually started to watch an episode, and the rest is history. So, what seems so unusual for a grown man liking cute Ponies?

Anyway, I do hope that with the blog, we somehow get to be in touch with those in the past and look forward to the future to see how this goes. I’ll be posting mostly gaming stuff and maybe an occasional out of topic post. So stay tuned!

No comments: