Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

告白 Confessions

告白 kokuhaku confessions

When Moriguchi Yuko announced that she will resign as a junior high teacher, she revealed to her class that her daughter, Manami, did not die of accidental drowning. Manami was murdered by two students in her class, whom she referred to as “Student A” and “Student B”. However, even though she knew who the culprits were, she also knew that they will escape punishment because they were still legal minors. Moriguchi-sensei then decided to take matters into her own hands and teach her unruly students that each and every life is “precious”.

I’m so happy that Destiny Cable added Screen Red to our list of channels! Subtitled Asian films without the horrible dubbing? I’m all for it! ♥ I just watched this film a while ago, and I have to admit, I’m thoroughly impressed! Especially by Takako Matsu’s performance as well as Yukito Nishii! x3 And apparently, I wasn’t the only one:

Despite its controversial subject matter, the film opened number 1 at the Japanese box office, grossing over 3.85 billion yen during its run, and won ‘Picture of the Year’ at the 2011 Japan Academy Prize.

Source: Screen Red Asia

I missed the first few minutes of this, so I wouldn’t mind watching it again. Next time, without my brother, who can’t keep up reading the subtitles and decided to keep asking me what just happened. =A=;;; L-lol… Besides, I want to know if what happened in the end, really did happen, or was it really “just kidding”? ;o; Such a cliffhanger!

2 comments:

misakichan said...

I want this channel too. Sadly, our cable provider doesn't seem to have this. And even if it did, I think they'll charge extra for it. Boo.

I'll look for the movie then. It's been quite a while since I've seen Matsu Takako in anything. And this movie seems to have an interesting plot and title. So I'll give it a shot.

kurohiko said...

Aww~ It's fairly new, I think? Maybe they will add it eventually! It's HBO after all~ *crosses fingers*

It's a series of "confessions" from different characters so you get to see different sides to the story. I thought it was really freaky~ And I love freaky-thrilling movies~~ ♥